Office Holiday Parties are events where you don’t want to be caught wearing the wrong thing. Make a good impression this year by following these do’s and don’ts.
DON’T wear a white bra under that dark colored dress
Sure you can’t see it in the mirror but the minute a flash from a camera goes off, it shows up like magic! Unless your want your white bra possibly showing through in pictures, choose a nude color bra under colors and a black bra for that little black dress.
DO double your bra as your camisole
Having a bra that looks like a camisole allows you to have picture perfect style for your office holiday celebration. You get the layered look without the bulk of the layers. It’s a conservative style good for any office event. Genie Bra, Milana Bra and Cami Shaper works well for this!
DON’T reveal too much
Too much cleavage at the office party can cause quite a stir and not in the right way. You never know who might not appreciate the extra eye-full and upper-level management might find it awkward. Keep that sexy dress for a party with friends but when it comes to the office it never hurts to err on the side of being a little more conservative.
DO wear your Genie Bra
The Genie Bra works well for all occasion! It can double as your camisole and keep you from being over-exposed. It’s extra comfortable and stays put so you won’t spend the whole party tugging at or pulling up your bra. And since it comes in so many colors you can find one that best fits your outfit.
So don’t be the talk of the office the next day. Follow these bra do’s and don’ts for your office holiday party.
Bras, panties, ‘tighty-whities’, boxers, lingerie, body shapers and other mentionable and unmentionables are items we all wear. Many of us might even love (hint-hint, honey) some of these things as holiday gifts!
If done right giving such intimates can be a definite gift yea.
However, there are rules.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The gift receiver. This may seem like a no-brainer but I swear I’ve witnessed too many people being too risque when it comes to this. Please consider who you are giving this gift to and how appropriate it is. I once had a married male co-worker give me a sexy nightie out of the blue at a Christmas swap. When confronted, he swore that it was just because he thought it was a nice color. Uh. OK. Even as an innocent gaff, this felt super creepy to me and I tossed it out before I even got back to my car. In another instance, I know of a female friend who once gifted her boss Christmas-themed boxer shorts. She immediately realized her mistake when the boss turned beat red and stuffed them back in to the box uncomfortably. She thought they were funny and cute. He thought they were crass and unprofessional. Give more conservative gifts to coworkers and acquaintances. It’s better to be slightly boring than overly bold in most cases.
- Size up the situation. It can be challenging to get the size right when shopping for others. If you are close friends or family to the person you’re shopping for try to sneak a peek at a label or two before shopping (unless sneaking a peek would cause the person angst if they knew you were peeking!) When shopping, look for items that have a little give in either direction to ensure a good fit. The Genie Bra, Milana Bra or CamiShaper are great options because they come according to shirt size and that’s much easier to take an educated guess on than a traditional bra.
- Style. When it comes to underwear many are picky about what they wear down there. Thongs or bikini cut? Boxers or briefs? Underwear is very personal and can be really tricky to buy someone. If you are going to attempt this gift stick to simple and fun and avoid anything too racey. Although I must once again plead that you consider your audience first. (See rule #1)
There are some people who just seem impossible to shop for!
If you have one of those gals on your list here are three ideas that might work for them!
- Delicious dinner. Find out the person’s favorite restaurant or cuisine and then give them a gift certificate to dine there.
- Magazine Subscriptions. Is your friend a wine enthusiast? A gourmet? A runner, knitter, musician? Find out a few hobbies that she is into and I guarantee you there is a magazine that tailors to that exact interest! Magazines subscriptions are usually affordable and something she’ll appreciate you for every month it comes!
- Time. If your friend is a work-a-holic with too much to do and too little time then consider giving her a gift that will save her some of her personal time. If she hates grocery shopping and other errands give her a personal shopper for a day. If she has kids and longs for a few hours of “me” time, gift her with a few babysitting sessions.
What are some of your ideas? Don’t forget any woman alive would be happy to get some great Genie Bra gear!!
I don’t know about you but as I get older I get more and more intimidated by the latest trends. For a long time, I would remain stuck in a fashion comfort zone. Unfortunately, when you get stuck, you begin to look dated and “dated” looks good on no one.
Conversely, I have friends who are so on top of the latest trends that it borders ridiculous. No need to wear all the trends at once!
So what’s a girl to do?
Luckily, my best friend is a celebrity fashion stylist and was able to help set me straight. This is what I’ve learned:
- Start with the basics. There are certain pieces that all women can benefit from having as their base wardrobe and that will never go out of style. A well-made pair of black slacks, a great fitting pair of jeans, a solid black tee shirt and a solid white tee shirt and a basic black dress. Of-course, you need to start with good undergarments first. Invest in a few good pair of underwear and Genie Bras so whatever you put on lays flat and keeps you supported. The most important thing to remember with your basics is fit, so find a tailor if you have to.
- Accessories. Accessories are the best way to play with a new trend. This season, for example, the mixing of bold patterns are hot. (IE: floral blouse with bold striped jacket.) For many, (myself included) this sound scary and like a trend that could go horribly wrong. If you are in your twenties you could be a little more bold; pair a striped skirt with a patterned blouse. If you are older or more conservative you could experiment through accessories. Maybe you might pair a striped shirt with a floral silk scarf that is used as a hair band or tied around your purse strap as an accent. It’s easy enough to stuff the scarf away if you’re just not feeling it.
- Uniform it. My fashion stylist friend is a big fan of having her go-to ‘uniform’ each season. It’s a look that she’s comfortable in and that she can throw on and not think about for almost any occasion. For example, this winter her “uniform” has consisted of a pair of dark jeans and a white tuxedo jacket. She adds a teeshirt and boots for a funky look, high heels, a silky blouse and sparkly jewelry for evening, and a button down blouse and riding boots (and pushed up sleeves) for day. The white tuxedo jacket with black lapels was the one trend she decided to go with and just keeps building outfits around it.
Are you a slave to the newest trends? Do you have any tips to share?
Looking for the comfort of Genie but with little extra zip?
Well look no further than the brand new Genie Zip Bra!
The Genie Zip is designed to offer comfort, support and style!
Check out the new Genie Zip Bra by Genie here!