Jacqui Stafford, Fashion Expert
1. Never underestimate the power of the perfectly fitting bra. Getting it right will make you look younger and slimmer. By lifting your bust line, you’ll automatically lengthen your torso, and shave inches off your tummy.
2. For a stylish, age-appropriate look if you’re uncomfortable showing off your arms, go for a sheerer sleeve which shows just a glimpse of skin without revealing less-than-toned upper arms.
3. Always go for tops or dresses with a slight V-neckline to visually lengthen and slim the look of your top-half.
4. If you have a fuller bust, keep away from strapless, boatneck, halter or spaghetti style necklines as they provide little coverage to comfortably conceal a supportive bra.
5. Invest in a couple of brightly-colored cardigans to add a pop of color to your wardrobe of neutrals. I advise all my private styling clients to toss one over their dresses or shirts instead of a blazer, which can sometimes look too corporate.
6. When shopping for dresses, go for a universally figure-flattering style like the fit-and-flare silhouette. This flatters all body shapes, as it helps create an hourglass figure even if you don’t have one.
7. Don’t go shopping for clothes without a plan if you’re on a budget. Make a list of what you need for your wardrobe, and then stick to it regardless of that oh-so-tempting cocktail dress on sale (that you’ll never wear.)
8. What you wear under your clothes is just as crucial as what you put on top. A great foundation that lifts up your bust line will make the difference between blah and brilliant.
9. Maximize every item in your wardrobe: You can wear your ‘work pants’ on your next date night if you pair them with a silky top, dazzling earrings and strappy heels.
10. Ditch your boring black and embrace color: wearing bright shades will help bring a youthful vibrancy and luminosity to your complexion.
11. Always remember, confidence is the most gorgeous accessory you can own.